Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Pirates! May Finally Have Some Competition

I was (and still am) a massive fan of Sid Meier's Pirates! (the original Microprose version, although the new version on Steam was fun).  It's one of the earliest games I can think of playing that was what we now call "open world".  I never once actually finished a game, which is common for me, but that was really the beauty of it.  I didn't care.  I played the game how I wanted to.

There's been a number of pirate themed games out there.  Sid Meier's Pirate (2004 version), Windward, Port Royale, and I would even consider Sunless Sea in this family of games.  For me, none of them really came close, till maybe now.  Abandon Ship releases sometime this year, and it looks awesome.  Check it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment