Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Wizards by Avalon Hill - Play It Again On PC

Had an amazing find tonight as I was browsing abandonware.  Wizards was one of my favorite board games growing up, although I rarely got to play it, and I'm not even sure I ever finished a game.  That seems to be a trend for the favorites.  I still have an original print of it, but it's so hard to find a dedicated group of players to go through with it.  BUT, I discovered that someone made a java-driven version of it playable on the PC! Played it through once (extremely difficult to complete solo, if at all possible, due to the fortnight rules), however it can add all players.  It's definitely playable by multiple people on the same machine, and I'm betting a Skype meeting could be set up by sharing the main screen and giving control to the other players.  Download the java version and try it out! Credit to whoever "dewkid" is that seems to be the author of it.  The game doesn't include rules (and neither does the download site).  Couldn't find any online either, save for some alternate and house rules.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment